Please download the 2023/2024 AHC Academy daily class schedule using the link below. The school schedule will be adjusted during daylight savings time.
The AHC Academy will be switching back to a full-time in-person school model for the 2023/24 school year inshallah. There will not be any virtual classes, unless in the case of a province-wide lockdown.
1) Class Timings
- School will run full-time in person from Monday-Friday. Parents will receive a schedule for their child’s class at the beginning of the school year.
- School starts promptly at 8:50 am for the Morning Duaas and announcements. Classes start at 9:00 am.
- The earliest morning drop-off time is at 8:30 am for all students.
- School Ends at 3:00 pm, with the latest pickup being at 3:15 pm.
In the case of a Province-Wide Lockdown:
- Classes will be held online live daily from Monday-Friday through ZOOM.
- Parents and guardians will receive an updated online schedule for each class.
- Each teacher will provide a package for pick-up for each student.
- Online classes will occur based upon government regulations, and will resume in-person when the lockdown is lifted.
2) Class work/Homework
Homework and information will be posted on Google Classroom for each class. Make sure to visit the Online Class Resource page on the AHC Academy website for each class codes. Links will be posted at the beginning of the school year:
- Please make sure students use an e-mail with their full name when signing up to Google Classroom.
3) School Entry and Dismissal
- Parents and students must line up together using the new entry sidewalk near the main doors, to wait for their turn to enter and be screened.
- Teachers will be in their classrooms by 8:30 am sharp so students can go directly into class as soon as they arrive.
- To ensure a seamless dismissal we will make sure students have their backpacks, jackets, and belongings ready before the end of the day.
- Names will be called via a wireless microphone and speaker system as soon as the parent or caregiver has arrived at the doors.
- Students whose parents have not arrived will be placed in the after-school program and will be charged a fee.
4) Timing/Morning & After School Program
The Abu Huraira Center Academy provides an early drop-off and late pickup program. Students can be dropped off at 7:15 am and can be picked up at 5:00 pm. The cost for the full program is $200 for both morning and afternoon, or $100 for one session.
- The earliest morning drop off time is at 8:30 am for all students. School starts promptly at 8:50 am with the morning dua session and assembly, classes then begin at 9:00 am
- If parents/guardians are late (Past 3:15pm mark), there will be a daily charge of $5 per child. This will be billed in the next months fee. This does not apply to those students already enrolled in the after school program.
- Parents will be given 3 emergency days per child during the year where no fee will be paid if they are picked up late.